Jansen group - RNA biology
Welcome to the Jansen lab. We work on intracellular RNA trafficking. Ribonucleic acid carries the cell's building instructions from the genome in the nucleus to the cytosol where proteins are synthesized according to these messages. Whether and where RNA is translated into protein is an important decision for the cell. We investigate mRNA localization and translation in yeast along with the life cycle and positioning of RNA-protein complexes, so called ribonucleoprotein particles (RNP), that are crucial for post-translational regulation.
- mRNA localisation and translational control in yeast
- Coordination of RNP and organelle transport
- Control of translation elongation
- Assembly and disassembly of transport ribonucleoprotein particles
News & Jobs
- Want to do an internship or Diploma/Master Thesis in our lab? Please write to ralf.jansen[at]uni-tuebingen.de